Here is the book that brings you the science, in easy language, that your sexual orientation is decided before you can walk. It also contains many juicy facts. If you want to be the expert at the dinner party or just know more, click the headline for details.
This book 'Gay, Straight and the Reason Why – the Science of Sexual Orientation' by Simon LeVay tells you why and how you were born gay. Ten years ago Simon LeVay stunned the world when he discovered that there are clear differences between gay and straight men's brains.
Apart from discussions of wombs awash with hormones and more serious stuff, the book includes such delightful facts as:
- 10% of rams are gay.
- How rats fuck (and their spectrum of gender behaviour).
- Gender differences are not only from cultural influences. Cuttlefish, which abandon their spawn, have different navigation strategies depending on gender.
- In humans, there are many gender aligned behaviours (for instance, ability to park a car). Individual males and females may fall anywhere on the spectrum of those traits.
- Childhood gender traits are linked to adult sexual orientation.
- Gay men bitch better than straight men.
- The identical twins who were separated at birth. Both were gay, met each other in a New York bar and became lovers.
- Gay men have smaller INAH3 region of brain than straight men.
- Gay men have bigger cocks than straight men.
- If you have an older brother, you are more likely to be gay than your average bloke. And it's to do with those chemicals in your mum's womb.
- And much much more.
I had difficulty reading the book because my friends kept borrowing it off me. You can buy it here.